The integrated DPSK receiver module IDRV consists of a balanced photoreceiver and an integrated delay-line interferometer (DLI). The IDRV is a differential front-end for 43 Gbit/s DPSK-applications featuring high differential gain of typically 1500 V/W. The two output ports of a phase-tunable DLI are coupled into two single chip waveguide-integrated pin-photodiodes (PD). Signal gain is obtained using a differential amplifi er with limiting output stage. The limiting amplifi er produces a typical differential output voltage swing of 550 mV. The receiver is therefore well suited for phase modulated OC-768/STM-256 system operation.
- Balanced receiver integrated with an optical delay-line interferometer (DLI)
- Athermal DLI design, very low skew
- Input power monitor
- FSR of 21.5, 43, 50 or 67 GHz
- Peak level detector
- Optional: fixed attenuation in the constructive arm
- 43G DPSK communication systems
- Transponder and line card designs, repairs.